At The Dryden Mission we believe that:
- the Bible to be the inspired and infallible Word of God. That there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, all in one Being.
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death on the Cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His Lordship over His Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- in the salvation of people by God’s grace and through the believer’s faith.
- in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the hearts and lives of believers, in order to lead holy and obedient lives and to engage fruitfully in the ministry of reconciliation.
- in the unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, for the well-being of His body – the Church – our witness to the world and for His glory.
- that Christ commanded the Church to go into all the world and make disciples of all peoples; baptizing and teaching those who believe to obey all that Christ commanded. (Starting in our own community)
The Church is a body and it is supposed to grow like our physical bodies.
- Physically - a numerical growth, with people getting saved (Acts 2: 40-41)
- Spiritually - a greater awareness and understanding of the all-powerful God we serve. A greater love for God and a desire to serve Him sacrificially is evidence of spiritual growth. Spiritual growth precedes physical growth. Spiritual growth affects our heart and attitude to the God we serve. (Acts 2: 43 - 47)
- Mental growth - a clearer understanding of the teachings of Jesus. This is essential if we are to witness unity in the church. It will also help us in presenting the gospel to the world. (Acts 2:42-44)